My Photo
Name:
Location: South Island, New Zealand

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Every silver lining has a cloud

So, living on my own agrees with me. Being able to come home late without disturbing anyone is all good, as is getting to choose what's in the fridge, and having a garage for my car, and getting to play my music loud. It's also grand fun going through all the supermarket brochures looking for the bargains, even though I can't even afford bargains for the rest of this week. Yesterday I didn't see a single human being, and it was just fine. Not that I dislike people, obviously, but the hermit lifestyle has always had a certain appeal. Didn't even leave the house yesterday except to check the mail. Means I don't have to wear make-up, and could stay in my PJs all day if I wanted (which I don't). What with the telephone and texting and, to some extent, the internet (though it's a bit dodgy at the house I'm at), one is never really alone even when one is alone.

So, the downside? I was really looking forward to having Indian last night but I couldn't open the jar... and there's just nothing you can do about that. Stuffed up my thumb in the attempt :( And now the jar is just sitting on the shelf, looking appealing, and staring at me with a mocking expression. (Is it a sign of madness to personify a jar of butter chicken sauce? Nah.)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I though of you last nite, when i battled with the jar of garlic that Jim had gone up tightly. I skipped the garlic in my meal, he was out.

12:41 pm, June 30, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home