My Photo
Name:
Location: South Island, New Zealand

Monday, June 05, 2006

Million dollar idea

Someone needs to invent, like, the equivalent of a home pregnancy test, but for madness. You know, something that glows blue if you have a healthy dose of madness, purple if you're seriously eccentric, and red if you're completely off your rocker. Then I could find out whether what I sometimes suspect is true, without having to watch and wait to see if I start developing crazy twitches or other such symptoms. Also if I am mad, it would be great for if I wanted to commit any heinous crimes - I could totally get away with it, just by pleading insanity. Yus.

Another side bonus would be, I could try adopting in turn each of the 4 or 5 worldviews between which I am currently oscillating (rather frantically and at an increasing rate, churning up a great deal of mental dust in my wake), and take the test for each one. Then I could just choose the paradigm that involved the least amount of insanity.

Although...on second thoughts, chances are the most comfortable, mentally placatory paradigm will be the least connected with reality. So the one that spins me out the most and requires the greatest feat of intellectual acrobatics to comprehend - or better yet, the one I don't comprehend at all - is the way to go.

I think I need a hug. And possibly some form of sedative. Or maybe just a mindless, menial, minimum wage job to help me keep my mind within a safe, constrained sphere (not to say padded cell) of operation. Luckily my qualifications will probably come in handy for this...

5 Comments:

Blogger Rebel Heart said...

hope life is going ok for you at the moment, if you ever feel like life's unbearable and people don't care perhaps you could visit www.saragroves.com and click on music, some of her lyrics are so reassuring and the tunes that go with them are nice too

7:48 am, June 06, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

An eccentricity test would be cool! Though in my case at least I'm sure it would just reveal the obvious :).

I'd also suspect that the most comfortable mentally placatory paradigm would be the least connected with reality. After all it wouldn't do for life to actually be simple?

Oscillating world views are confusing though thankfully in my case at least it's dropped to two view points and only one of them I seriously think makes any real sense.

9:22 am, June 06, 2006  
Blogger Christina said...

He he he he... what a brilliant idea! I know at least... oh, 20 people in my immediate circle who could do with one of those tests (including me)! :D

*GINORMOUS HUG* which will be reedemed when I next see you :)

I do agree with what Fraser said about minimum wage jobs, though. They kinda compound the insanity and general doom and gloom and need for hugs.

Maybe just a super-absorbing job tha t means you don't have time to think?

All the best :)

6:46 pm, June 06, 2006  
Blogger AJ said...

I can't actually offer a real hug so buy yourself a present and imagine it's from me:D

How're you going anywho?

9:49 am, June 14, 2006  
Blogger Kat said...

How am I going... Well, by car, for one thing, because I now HAVE ONE!!! Hurrah. Well, the use of one while my brother is overseas, which could be months or years. Ah the freedom! Ah the extra petrol costs I can't afford! Ah the whisky he left in the back!

Other than that, um, I am currently something of a confused little mess and slightly embarassed about the fact that my mental confusion sets my emotions in a spin, and I can't separate the two, like I used to be able to. But when I don't think about that, I am happy :)

JC: I do feel like people care. Coz they do. Though I do get a little paranoid sometimes that they're laughing at me behind my back at the same time for being so over-the-top and taking everything so much to heart. Which I can't seem to help. Yep. Sorry for the grave injustice I've no doubt inflicted on you all in saying that.

12:17 pm, June 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home