My Photo
Name:
Location: South Island, New Zealand

Monday, May 08, 2006

Ashamed

Today I procrastinated. And nothing else. While the due date for my essay loomed closer and closer, while most of you reading this earned an honest day's pay, while kids in the Phillipines scavanged through rubbish dumps for the means to survive another day, I sat in front of the box watching music videos. Let the world know my great folly and scorn me as I deserve!

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should bring some chocolate to next cellgroup :)

10:59 pm, May 08, 2006  
Blogger Christina said...

Woot! You get A+ for PRO 317: Advanced Procrastination :D he he he

7:16 pm, May 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm doing Jury Service at the moment. I waited 6 hours today to be told to go home. Your day was much more productive than mine. Can you bring chocolate to our cell group as well? :)

12:48 am, May 10, 2006  
Blogger AJ said...

While you did that, I turned 22:) how's it going by the way?

3:13 pm, May 11, 2006  
Blogger Rebel Heart said...

everything happens for a reason... did you learn anything from the music videos? i saw one the other day, it was a sad song and they showed 3 different families and scenes inside their houses and it had text to go with it that explained what their lives were like and it was such a special way to raise awareness about domestic problems like when a partner leaves

12:08 am, May 12, 2006  
Blogger Kat said...

Hey AJ, happy birthday, you old man! It's going ok, though life has been on hold this week. Hope life is good in the big [curiously soothing...?] smoke.

Hmm, what did I learn? I learnt that I can be sad and pathetic at times. I learnt that I still don't like punk. I learnt that I can write 4000 words in one day if I leave it till the last day.

Nah you're right JC, I probably did in some small way get something out of it. Just can't remember it right now as I'm half asleep, having stayed up essay writing till 5:00 this morning... and got up again at 8:00...

12:59 pm, May 12, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its hard not to feel frustrated about suffering happening while we do nothing. Most people choose to forget about it. I suppose that's easier. A small AP going out to a charity organisation each week could mean that something good is happening even when you're not doing anything.

Although that doesn't totally wash with me either, I say work as hard as you can with what you have now and then use your qualification to go overseas to work with those kids in the rubbish dump.

11:19 am, May 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home