And world comes crashing down again
Why do people make friends with each other? In particular, why, considering the risks involved, do girls make friends with boys? For the first time, I can truly see why some people are afraid to love other people, for fear of being hurt. Why don't we just leave other people to their fates, and spare ourselves the pain of being involved? Then at least we wouldn't have to feel like we were to blame, and that, despite our good intentions, we had only made things worse by showing love to people.
NB: this does not relate to me and Mike. Or in fact to anyone any of you know
On the other hand, I do know why we have sisters: so they can give us hugs and buy us flowers when they come home and find us in a state.
NB: this does not relate to me and Mike. Or in fact to anyone any of you know
On the other hand, I do know why we have sisters: so they can give us hugs and buy us flowers when they come home and find us in a state.


5 Comments:
Are you talking about loving others?
Falling in love?
Or Companionship?
BTW does this relate to the book, cause it describes love but tends to leave the why a little mysterious.
Genesis says that man wasn't ment to be alone, which might describe why we feel the feelings of longing and desire for others, somehow hardcoded in our genes and spirit, only to be expressed by our emotions and hormones.
J
Relates to a situation with a friend that is somewhat complicated and has distressed me greatly this weekend. To do with different kinds of love getting mixed up and misinterpretted and such things. Well sort of.
The angsty (and irrational) post is the result of me thinking, if it's gonna be this complicated and cause me so much pain on this occasion, maybe I should just go be a nun and thereby prevent it ever happening again.
Might perhaps go into more detail tonight at cell group. I don't really want to go into it on the internet.
To be a nun would not help. Isolation may seem to put you beyond relationship but if it is woven into the fabric of our being then THE DESIRE FOR RELATIONSHIP is still painfully there and we remain dissatisfied and incomplete. Better to stay in the world and risk it ~ there are always 'sisters' around :-)
I agree with Elizabeth. And maybe that's an idea as to how to get to know girls - imagine them as sisters that just so happen to be not biologically related to you.. would use that theory myself, but I have no sisters to base it on :) Really hope you can find a way to stand up under the ickyness of the situation.
After going through something a little similar lately, I can see that despite the risks involved, there is clearly a desire strong enough to overbalance. Personally I think a lot of it has to do with your past (not you specifically) such as love, the need for companionship, love languages and the need for affirmation from the opposite sex as well as your own.
Hopefully will talk with you soon, we have much to commiserate :-)
J
Post a Comment
<< Home