:)
Thanks everyone who came to my 21st last night, both for your delightful presence and your delightful presents, which were so thoughtful and kind, and also for the kind words various people wrote in their cards. It was cool to have all my different groups of friends there together. My folks were glad to be able to put some faces to names at last.
I'm kicking myself, however, that, having not had time to prepare a speech in advance, I ended up not saying the half of what I wanted to about how grateful I am to all of you. It would have been the perfect opportunity to honour you all in the presence of my friends and family for all that you've done and been to me. If I had been able to phrase it correctly on the spot (not something I excel at) I would have said something like this:
Thanks to all my friends I've met through CU. Your friendship astounds and inspires me; you are an answer to years of prayer. My life hasn't been a hard one, but it so happened that at the time I met all of you, I was at a real low point. I was at my wits' end regarding my faith, and feeling very alone, and it was your friendship and support and willingness to discuss hard questions that helped me get back on track. I've learnt so much from you, both from the things we discuss and just observing the way you live. I really can't thank you enough, but I hope I can bless you in some way as you've blessed me. Yeah.
But anyway, yeah, thanks for a fun night :)
I'm kicking myself, however, that, having not had time to prepare a speech in advance, I ended up not saying the half of what I wanted to about how grateful I am to all of you. It would have been the perfect opportunity to honour you all in the presence of my friends and family for all that you've done and been to me. If I had been able to phrase it correctly on the spot (not something I excel at) I would have said something like this:
Thanks to all my friends I've met through CU. Your friendship astounds and inspires me; you are an answer to years of prayer. My life hasn't been a hard one, but it so happened that at the time I met all of you, I was at a real low point. I was at my wits' end regarding my faith, and feeling very alone, and it was your friendship and support and willingness to discuss hard questions that helped me get back on track. I've learnt so much from you, both from the things we discuss and just observing the way you live. I really can't thank you enough, but I hope I can bless you in some way as you've blessed me. Yeah.
But anyway, yeah, thanks for a fun night :)


2 Comments:
you're cool. I like you :) And i'm glad we've been of *some* help!!!
oh the irony! you guys have been an answer to prayer for me as well - I don't know what I'd do without you. You're an awesomely lovely part of our cell group, it wouldn't be the same without ya :D And I must say (on a less serious note?) it's very cool having another short girl in the group :)
Post a Comment
<< Home