It's fun to charter an accountant And sail the wide accountancy, To find, explore the funds offshore And skirt the shoals of bankruptcy!
It can be manly in insurance. We'll up your premium semi-annually. It's all tax deductible. We're fairly incorruptible, We're sailing on the wide accountancy!
The video for it involved elderly desk-jockey pirates, if that helps? It made it seem more adventure-y, especially when they magically sailed from the UK to the States and boarded another skyscraper full of young yuppie-type accountants.
Mmmm... courage to do something mundane and anonymous that keeps the system going, as opposed to doing something novel and fun that you will be recognised for? I suspect elderly accountants might have a lot of pent up rage and longings and things.
An accountant here in NZ makes about $80,000.00 a year. You could do that for one year and then do whatever the heck you want than doing shitty minimum wage jobs for years before you can afford to travel.
Well...apart from the fact that it takes several years of study and then often several years of working up through the ranks before you get to that kind of salary. And that whole time you have to stay sane somehow...and by the time you get there you might have had your adventuresomeness beaten out of you.
Didn't you do like an Arts degree in English or something even more boring like that? Not to mention something like that becomes even more useless...
And no, if you got good marks usually that's your starting salary. Do you actually know any nerds 'cos the friends I had who did accounting were into their drinking and are happily making that much now (I'm pretty jealous as I got a law degree and am only making average wage of $45,000.00 and it will take me a few more years before I can beat them).
6 Comments:
It's fun to charter an accountant
And sail the wide accountancy,
To find, explore the funds offshore
And skirt the shoals of bankruptcy!
It can be manly in insurance.
We'll up your premium semi-annually.
It's all tax deductible.
We're fairly incorruptible,
We're sailing on the wide accountancy!
Perfect.
It occurs to me that that song really ought to contain some kind of pun about unchartered territory.
The video for it involved elderly desk-jockey pirates, if that helps? It made it seem more adventure-y, especially when they magically sailed from the UK to the States and boarded another skyscraper full of young yuppie-type accountants.
Mmmm... courage to do something mundane and anonymous that keeps the system going, as opposed to doing something novel and fun that you will be recognised for? I suspect elderly accountants might have a lot of pent up rage and longings and things.
An accountant here in NZ makes about $80,000.00 a year. You could do that for one year and then do whatever the heck you want than doing shitty minimum wage jobs for years before you can afford to travel.
Well...apart from the fact that it takes several years of study and then often several years of working up through the ranks before you get to that kind of salary. And that whole time you have to stay sane somehow...and by the time you get there you might have had your adventuresomeness beaten out of you.
Didn't you do like an Arts degree in English or something even more boring like that? Not to mention something like that becomes even more useless...
And no, if you got good marks usually that's your starting salary. Do you actually know any nerds 'cos the friends I had who did accounting were into their drinking and are happily making that much now (I'm pretty jealous as I got a law degree and am only making average wage of $45,000.00 and it will take me a few more years before I can beat them).
Post a Comment
<< Home