My Photo
Name:
Location: South Island, New Zealand

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Housekeeping

From 14 Feb until I go overseas in July, I'm renting a little apartment in Riccarton which I shall probably have all to myself. I'm spending a little more than I planned to, but I think it will be worth it, because it's quite a wonderful place, and I hope you will all find ways to make extensive use of it. I'm currently plotting ways to make the most out of it, and possibilities definitely include gigs and the like (quietish ones). Because it's a very old building that nobody cares about, I will also have free reign to decorate it as I please :D

There's also potentially a spare room, so if anyone knows anyone who needs temporary *cheap* accommodation, for a couple of days or a couple of weeks or whatever, let me know because it would be cool to have people to stay, and that would help me meet my costs, so everyone wins. Even if you have friends visiting for a night or whatever.

There's a few things I'm needing to kit it out, and before I go ahead and spend money, I thought I'd check if anyone has any of the following items to spare. Let me know the price, or I'm very happy to babysit anything you don't want to actually get rid of, or maybe even babysit and then sell on for you in July.

Things I would love to take off your hands:
  • leftover paint, in pretty much any quantity and any colour that's not awful. The place is currently arrayed in garish primary colours, so anything would be an improvement, even if it ends up a bit patchwork.
  • fabric of any substantial size, and any sewing stuff you will never use again, e.g. threads. For curtains and decorating.
  • lots of cushions and beanbags for sitting on
  • vacuum cleaner
  • maybe an oil heater? something economical
  • stereo? (well I might as well ask :)
  • armchairs, particularly anything with a somewhat old-fashioned look (I might be a bit fussy about this one)
  • small coffee table (as in really small, just to put between a couple of chairs)
  • standard lamp/s
  • indoor plants
  • cake tins :)
  • big jars for bulk foods. If they already have bulk foods in them that's fine too!
  • small bookcase
Not sure yet what kitchen stuff I'll need. My landlord apparently has a bunch of stuff I can use, but he hasn't dug it out yet so I don't know what I've got. Might update this once I know. I imagine I will probably need pots and pans and an electric jug or kettle.

My church is having a garage sale the day I move in, so anything I haven't got hold of by then I will hopefully be picking up there for cheap. So let me know quick if poss!

2 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

I have some smallish cushions, but none of the other stuff, I'm afraid. Let me know if you need help painting the flat, I'm expert at painting rooms (just ask Mike R). Provided the walls are only 160cm tall, of course :P

5:09 pm, February 05, 2009  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my if only we had known, Briscoes were having a sale last weekend and you could have gone! Who knows when they will have another one. Shame to have missed it xx
Elizabeth

7:07 pm, February 13, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home