My Photo
Name:
Location: South Island, New Zealand

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Song for today

Clam, Crab, Cockle, Cowrie
-Joanna Newsom
(oh how does she do it? leaves me with nothing further to say)

That means no, where I come from
I am cold out waiting for the day to come
I chew my lips and I scratch my nose
Feels so good to be a rose

Oh don't, don't you lift me up
Like I'm that shy, no no no, just give it up
There are bats all dissolving in a row, oh
Into the wishy-washy dark that cannot let go

And I cannot let go, so I thank the Lord
And I thank his sword
Though it be mincing up the morning, slightly bored
Oh, morning, without warning, like a hole
And I watch you go

There are some mornings when the sky looks like a road
There are some dragons who were built to have and hold
And some machines are dropped from great heights lovingly
And some great bellies ache with many bumblebees
And they sting so terribly

I do as I please; now I'm on my knees
Your skin is something that I stir into my tea
And I am watching you
And you are starry, starry, starry

And I am tumbling down, and I check a frown
That's why I love this town - just look around
And see me serenaded hourly
And celebrated sourly
And dedicated dourly

Waltzing with the open sea
Clam, crab, cockle, cowrie
Oh, will you just look at me!

2 Comments:

Blogger AJ said...

I like these lyrics. Would you be so kind as to play this to me sometime?

5:10 pm, September 05, 2007  
Blogger era said...

/*hugs*

2:36 pm, September 06, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home