The hangover generation
Some interesting thoughts:
Source
We are the Hangover Generation. White, middle-class, young, living in the developed modern world. Generation X had all the fun, partied hard, and we're the ones who start picking up the pieces. Our generation is waking up on a Sunday morning with an aching head and the slow horror of "I did what last night?" gradually hitting. Our drugs are toned down. Casual sex is a huge risk these days, and free love is definitely out. Our music is disposable; we have no legendary stars. Our counter culture is over-the-counter culture, sold to us. Our activism makes little or no difference. Our environment continues to sicken, poverty is still getting worse. Here in New Zealand, being at University isn't usually about learning for the sake of learning, it's about starting a career, getting a job, making an investment for our future. I have half-baked theories that I can barely summon up the motivation to share with like-minded people at sit-around-and-bitch activist meetings. Even typing this up is an effort. Why? Because I'm still absolutely fucked from last night, I just missed the fun part and went straight to the hangover.
Source


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home