My Photo
Name:
Location: South Island, New Zealand

Monday, July 10, 2006

Full

My heart is. Which is the way I like it. It's what happens when I have a lot of people to love. Feels like doing what I was made to do.

I got to baptise two of the kids in my youth group tonight. Michael (aka Gav - long story) and Rachel. They are both extraordinary people, and I feel so privileged to be involved in their lives, and to have been alongside them at such a moment as this. They are the type of people that will go places, seek the heart of God, and make the world a better place. They inspire me and give me hope for the church and the world. You know, knowing that there are people like them.

It always feels like I do so little, and that what I do do has so little effect, but I guess God actually does use the little things we offer and turns them into big things. I'd kinda forgotten how He does that, but it's definitely His work that's brought these kids to where they are, nothing I've done (or very little). And to be loved and appreciated and tearfully hugged by my kids - it's an indescribable feeling.

And in some ways, seeing the journeys each of them has come on, it makes me want to take back a lot of my cynicism towards church - because the fact is, these two kids have found life there. Just as I did at their age. And they've been given a great start in life. They will probably lead good and happy lives. By age 14 they've already learnt the big lessons about life that apply to everyone, whatever their beliefs - that it's not all about them and what they want, that sometimes you have to make hard decisions, how to care about others whether they like them or not, that good friends make a huge difference, that life is something to be enjoyed but also handled with careful stewardship. This stuff comes out of church, and they've chosen to take it on board. And beyond that, they've really discovered life in God, and how He is with them, guiding and growing them.

*

Also, it's been a while I think since I last told all you lot how much I love you. 'Very much' is the amount. It was grand fun spending the weekend with you all, and lending you my house. You make me smile.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

I feel the same way

10:46 am, July 10, 2006  
Blogger Rebel Heart said...

empty

my heart is

i asked to be baptised at the start of the year 'cos i wanted to make a new start with my Christian journey and change but the Church judged me and said i wasn't ready and needed a relationship with God

lucky kids though, i never got to go to youth group when i was their age

11:34 am, July 10, 2006  
Blogger Christina said...

Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge hug (despite us both being small :D). I likes you heaps also, you're lovely :)

Yay for being able to influence impressionable teenagers positively! I have masses of respect for youthgroup leaders, eh. You guys are hard out.

Quite aside from that, you can drive a massive old van up steep hills and windy roads that no old van should legitimately survive (apart from Matt P's, but I think that van is magic or something). You have mad skills, as the geeks would say :)

5:57 pm, July 10, 2006  
Blogger Kat said...

Ah Brehaut. What a special guy. Thankyou, I see that smile :)

3:13 pm, July 11, 2006  
Blogger ElizabethB said...

Ahh here is the person I recognise! You are one special K and that's for sure! Wish I had been there to see it. xx

12:02 pm, July 15, 2006  
Blogger Rebel Heart said...

Christians are beautiful aren't they

----Original Message Follows----
From: Andrew Brehaut
To: jesuscrux@hotmail.com
Subject: fuck off
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 07:57:34 +1200

stop commenting on my blog, im sick of your bullshit. PS dont respond i really dont give a shit

9:33 am, August 02, 2006  
Blogger Kat said...

Yes, Christians are beautiful. But I'm not really the one to ask, since I tend to think everyone is beautiful.

Happy days.

10:30 am, August 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home