An eclectic post
Well y'all missed a rockin' good time at the karaoke on Saturday night! Had you been there, like my bro Lyndon, you would have had the rare privilege of seeing me both dance and sing. This may never happen again (as those who were at the ball can testify)! But don't despair, because on the other hand it may. You just never know when my capacity for silliness might make itself known.
By the way, I've decided I'm not going to post again until I can think of something to say that's a good deal more happy and light-hearted than my posts have been heretofore. It's not good for me, dwelling on all my darker thoughts and questions, however important they seem at the time. At any rate it's time for a break.
Verse for the day: Philippians 4:6-8 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
Hey does anyone remember that Psalty song about verse 8? 'Think, think, think on these things, think on the things that are lo-o-o-ovely' etc. I think it was in 'The Missing 9'. Funny how, irritating though the voice of Charity Churchmouse may have been, and little though I may have liked the song as a kid, I remember the actual verse all these years later, and can use it in real life. Big ups to Psalty! Also, I'm pretty sure listening to Psalty tapes was how my sisters and I learned to sing harmonies. Probably coz the chords were mostly 1, 4, 5. Ah, the memories...
By the way, I've decided I'm not going to post again until I can think of something to say that's a good deal more happy and light-hearted than my posts have been heretofore. It's not good for me, dwelling on all my darker thoughts and questions, however important they seem at the time. At any rate it's time for a break.
Verse for the day: Philippians 4:6-8 Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things.
Hey does anyone remember that Psalty song about verse 8? 'Think, think, think on these things, think on the things that are lo-o-o-ovely' etc. I think it was in 'The Missing 9'. Funny how, irritating though the voice of Charity Churchmouse may have been, and little though I may have liked the song as a kid, I remember the actual verse all these years later, and can use it in real life. Big ups to Psalty! Also, I'm pretty sure listening to Psalty tapes was how my sisters and I learned to sing harmonies. Probably coz the chords were mostly 1, 4, 5. Ah, the memories...


4 Comments:
Some of us had important study to do on saturday. meh.
Heh... I don't remember that song. Either (of which I would be happy) I haven't heard it, or I did hear (of which I would be sad) and I repressed the memory (in which case trying to recall it would be bad).
Did you intend for the post to be circular? Starting with singing and ending with singing and all...
Hmm, let's go with...Yes, the structural genius you observe in this post was carefully planned and refined over a long period of time, to be let loose on the admiring public at the peak of perfection...
[we 'artists' consider lying to be a matter of scant importance when weighed up against the possibility of public praise]
[anyone spot the alliteration? that's what we in the literary world call a 'technique', that is]
aowww - We're losing you from blogging? (at least for a while?).
Heh - I love that verse:
Philippians 4:6-8: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
I have been doing the whole "Arrghhh!!! what do I do when I graduate" thing for the last 6 months, and if there is one thing that has been hammered home again and again it is that.
Yay sparrows! Hope your mind fixes more on the happy fluffy aspects in life rather than the doom and gloom - so we can see you back online soon :)
Yeay!!! Psalty the singing songbook! He was great!
Post a Comment
<< Home