My Photo
Name:
Location: South Island, New Zealand

Monday, August 23, 2004

My, how exciting this is

Hehe, you guys are going to keep me on my toes I see. No more making up philosophical arguments I don't hold to just for the fun of it; I'm going to have to be careful what I sign my name to! A good policy for life.

Nathan, I see you've discovered something else about me: I like to do things thoroughly! It is both a blessing and a curse, being a perfectionist (not that I claim this of myself in all areas of my life). On the one hand I tend to do things well once I put my mind to them and my reputation on the line. On the other hand I often shy away from attempting things I'm afraid I won't do perfectly. Perhaps that's why I'm reserved in company. It's much easier here, where I can go back and edit things out if I don't think they're quite what I meant to say, and I can take time to think out a response if I get challenged on something. Suits me very well. Which is why I haven't posted for a few days (apart from the fact that I was in Geraldine for a while) - I've been waiting till I've formulated just what I want to say. Not that this is it, actually; I got tired of waiting in the end. It's probably for the same reason that I like philosophy, I guess - it's important to me to feel I've considered things thoroughly before getting on with life. Don't know if that's a good thing or not. Makes stepping out in faith and taking risks rather more difficult.

Hmm... how to avoid the problem of not wanting to appear (or be) obsessed with oneself and ones own problems, in the context of a public diary? I'm going to get sick of talking about myself, and I'm sure you all will too.

Blah blah blah. More later.

2 Comments:

Blogger Nathan said...

Hehe...
I think, the less you write, the more people critical people are of it, because they have more time to think about it.

If you can throw heaps and heaps of ideas at them, hopefully they'll only remember the good ones, and come back for more :)

But yeah, I get where you're coming from.

11:56 pm, August 23, 2004  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes the conflict between wanting to post usefull thoughtfull stuff and keep the blog alive and active.
Though I think in this case people were being alittle agessive on the keep posting often front. After all it was the last week of term and as a result likely quite busy.

2:27 am, August 24, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home