Romans 8 - On Waiting
22 We know that the whole creation has been groaning as in the pains of childbirth right up to the present time. 23 Not only so, but we ourselves, who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, groan inwardly as we wait eagerly for our adoption as sons, the redemption of our bodies. 24 For in this hope we were saved. But hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he already has? 25 But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
***
Well thank God. Yeah, that's all for today. Oh, except to say: parents are wonderful. I'm lucky enough to have a father, in particular, who is very like me and understands just how I work. And like me, he loves nothing better than to sit and talk after dinner, as we did tonight, about how good God is, and to help me nut out my questions, or at least to encourage me in my search for the answers. I feel supremely blessed.
Love to all and thanks for all your encouragement.
26 In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. 27 And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will.
***
Well thank God. Yeah, that's all for today. Oh, except to say: parents are wonderful. I'm lucky enough to have a father, in particular, who is very like me and understands just how I work. And like me, he loves nothing better than to sit and talk after dinner, as we did tonight, about how good God is, and to help me nut out my questions, or at least to encourage me in my search for the answers. I feel supremely blessed.
Love to all and thanks for all your encouragement.


3 Comments:
Thats a great passage. Interesting that you didn't include v.28 - any reason?
Hm, not exactly. Got it from the NIV which has a break and a new heading between 27 and 28. Actually I was originally just going to quote 26 which had particularly caught my attention. I like the thought that we don't always have to find the words for what we want to say, or even to be able to choose between all the hundreds and thousands of things we should be praying for. Though during our talk last night Dad did mention that there's a power in speaking things out loud, that sort of defies explanation but is somehow there. Still, sometimes it's just not possible.
i think it might be a good thing you didnt put 28 in! ;)
thats been used quite a lot recentley! :D
But you are so lucky to be able to do that with your Dad. I would feel awkward talking to mine like that. ^_^
Post a Comment
<< Home