My Photo
Name:
Location: South Island, New Zealand

Friday, October 21, 2005

Jude the Obscure

Isn't that the coolest title for a novel? I think it's fabulous. Furthermore, having feared somewhat that nothing could live up to Tess of the D'Urbervilles, Jude is by no means disappointing me. How pleasant it is to indulge in a good novel again! Specially now I'm back at work and have an hour's lunchbreak every day with nothing to do but read. Reading philosophy is good, but philosophy put into prosaic, almost poetic form, and embedded in discussions of real life, and with an actual plot, and endearing characters - well that's got to be better. And there's just no one quite like Thomas Hardy. It's a simply exquisite experience, reading his work. Am thinking of doing my honours research essay on him if I can manage it (i.e. find something to say about him that hasn't already been said a million times).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home