My Photo
Name:
Location: South Island, New Zealand

Thursday, May 05, 2005

On Life and Perspective - thoughts from Hanif Kureishi

I wonder if I'm like this, or sometimes like this. My challenge/reality check for the day, from Kureishi's The Black Album, 1965:

She seemed to be the type who imagined they had a lot of problems, which they would discuss constantly with their friends and therapists; whereas, compared to most people, it was obvious that she led an agreeable life and was probably quite frivolous.

1 Comments:

Blogger Justin C. said...

Umm. I think everyone has their problems. A lot worry themselves into stomach ulcers and end up taking heartburn medication. I personally live my life the best I can the way I know God would want me to live, leave the rest to Him, and relax. I like that post. It makes you think about yourself and wonder if you worry to much. Thanks:)

2:42 am, May 06, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home