A silly thing to do
In case any of you are looking for ways to make life difficult for yourselves, here's an idea: walk to uni from your house, which is an hour away, and fail to account for the norwester when dressing. In this way, you will be so hot after the first half hour or so that you will find it necessary to remove your shoes and socks, which is in general a pleasant thing to do, but not for 25 minutes on the hot asphalt when you haven't done so for six months and your feet aren't yet as hardy as they might be. Thus, your feet will be sore for the rest of the day.
If you're really keen, you could continue to follow my example and walk home as well, rather than spend $2 for the bus (which is a lot of money if you're me this week). You will feel heroic and very thrifty, and when you get home, the size and number of the blisters on your feet will be considerable, and you will be unable to walk in comfort for some time.
If you're really keen, you could continue to follow my example and walk home as well, rather than spend $2 for the bus (which is a lot of money if you're me this week). You will feel heroic and very thrifty, and when you get home, the size and number of the blisters on your feet will be considerable, and you will be unable to walk in comfort for some time.


2 Comments:
Ouch!
Yes the weather was rather hot. Quite impressive though that you walk when it's an hour from Uni. Well hope yout feet recover quickly.
Wow, I'm impressed by your "feet" of endurance! [ba-da-bom psssh! (general groaning all around)]
Your bravery and courage has inspired me to start walking to uni myself, a 2 hour journey!
Well, maybe I'll just start by biking again, y'know, just to build up some stamina, and it's only half an hour.
Actually, maybe I'll just stick with driving, it's only 15 minutes by the time I get a park, and then I can spend another 15 minutes walking into uni, that way I at least get to exercise my walking muscles.
Alternatively, I could just taxi right on in to uni, paying for it by getting a stressful job which takes up the majority of my daily hours, the money from which I could also use to pay for spending at a gym in my remaining time, so that I can feel good for getting some exercise.
Yeah, I think I'll stick with option three for now, although I do need to wean myself off driving when I could just as easily cycle around...
Anyways, good on you for giving yourself a workout instead of your wallet. And hey, it'll be good practice for your trip overseas (I mean, having to get around once you're over there, not getting over there itself), and now that it's getting into tramping season...
Post a Comment
<< Home