My Photo
Name:
Location: South Island, New Zealand

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

June 11


1184 BC: Troy was sacked and burned, according to the calculations of Eratosthenes.

Roman Empire: 5th day of Vestalia - festivities in honour of Vesta, goddess of the hearth.

1509: Henry VIII married Catherine of Aragon.

1572: birth of Ben Jonson, English playwright.

1776: committee formed to draft the Declaration of Independence.

1776: birth of John Constable, English painter, of whom I'm rather fond.

1815: birth of Julia Margaret Cameron, English photographer, of whom I'm rather fond.

1864: birth of Richard Strauss, German composer.

1901: New Zealand annexed the Cook Islands.

1959: birth of Hugh Laurie!!!

1984: birth of me, around 1pm sometime, resulting in my mother's doctor missing out on his lunchbreak.

2001: Timothy McVeigh was executed.

2008: festivities at Katherine's flat. Around the hearth and everything. Plus maybe I could make some kind of chastity rules in memory of the vestal virgins. Those failing to comply for the duration of the evening will be buried alive in the Campus Sceleris.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Townley. You are a good one .......... most of the time :)

4:06 pm, June 11, 2008  
Blogger Kat said...

Um who are you? And... how do you know I'm not good all of the time?

4:47 pm, June 11, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coz I read your blog ...... :) and have spent time with thee xx

3:02 pm, June 15, 2008  
Blogger Kat said...

Well thanks, I did have a happy birthday. But I really don't like anonymous comments. Please could you tell me who you are, either here or some other way? That way I won't feel like I'm being stalked, and won't have to turn off anonymous commenting, which would be nice. Ta.

10:30 pm, June 15, 2008  
Blogger Kat said...

Oh I've figured it out now. Thanks :) Not sure why you posted anonymously, is all.

10:33 am, June 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home