My Photo
Name:
Location: South Island, New Zealand

Monday, May 26, 2008

Something that's new...

...is having my mother come to me to talk about her marriage difficulties. Sort of a weird position to be in. But it made me feel like an adult, and glad to be her friend. It's nice to see the real her, and to hear her perspective on the dynamics I've been observing all these years.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Eek. Good luck! I hope that isn't too intense for you... I seem to know a lot of people who are brought into their parents' marriage difficulties by one or both parents and I'm never quite sure what to think about it... because it absolutely destroyed one of my friends, but others have found it really liberating to be trusted and let into what's really happening so they don't have to suspect the worst.

1:21 pm, May 26, 2008  
Blogger Kat said...

Yeah, this is definitely in the latter category. Plus the problems aren't that serious or anything; just not something my parents have tended to discuss in front of the kids before. Should be fine I reckon :)

5:13 pm, May 26, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home