2010
1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
-Ask me in private.
-Also, went to like Venice and stuff. Saw an opera in an open-air Roman amphitheatre.
-Plucked, gutted, jointed and cooked a pheasant.
-Was a bridesmaid.
-Was homeless for 4 months.
-Drove on the righthand side of the road (in countries where you are supposed to).
-Made a wall in a real live house.
-Stomped grapes for wine-making.
-Crocheted stuff.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for the next year?
-Apparently, I resolved: 'less sugar'. Nah fail.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
-Yeah several friends and cousins, whose offspring I look forward to meeting one day.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
-No.
5. What countries did you visit?
-England, Scotland, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Finland, passed ever so briefly through Austria.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
-A home, I suppose. And some sheep.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched in your memory, and why?
-Dates? Nah none particularly. Sister's wedding I guess, August 6.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
-Choosing a vocation. And I am pretty proud of my relationship with my sister.
9. What was your biggest failure of the year?
-Didn't do a very good job of things like staying in touch with people. Like, telling people they're loved is one thing, but contributing to their lives is another. I have, in short, been rather selfish.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
-Seem to have recently developed a propensity for migraines. i.e. in the last 6 months. Don't know why.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
-Interrail Pass for my Europe trip was pretty great.
12. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
-The People of Edinburgh, who, it seems, all think it's someone else's job to shovel the snow from the footpath in front of their house, and then complain about the state of the roads. (Though please note, I didn't do it either.)
-Also, I encountered some more disastrous parenting at one of the homes I stayed in. Appalled and depressed are good words for what it made me.
13. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
-Whoever it was who did get around to shovelling the paths in my housing estate after the second bout of snow. Thanks.
-Also, the behaviour in general of Scandinavians merits celebration, especially with regard to cold endurance and getting on with things.
14. Where did most of your money go?
-Transport.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
-Wool.
16. What song will always remind of you of 2010?
-All trance music.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
-About equally jubilant I think.
b) fatter or thinner?
-Same.
c) richer or poorer?
-Same. Well now. That was a bit of a boring one. Ok, well, but I do feel a lot stronger, in both mind and body. Like, I feel pretty close to invincible. Despite having spent last night vomiting stomach acid into the toilet for no clear reason :S But you know, I'll be fine tomorrow.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
-Spinning and weaving. But that's what the rest of my life is for :)
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
-Crack.
-Nah jk :) Could probably have done without cooking quite so many burgers, to be honest. But they weren't that interested in paying me for doing nothing, so there it is.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
-At Meg's flat in Edinburgh. We woke to a flooded kitchen, got grumpy with each other, made up, cooked roast duck with fig, cranberry and port relish, and made merry for the rest of the day. Phoned mum and dad, and got at least a second-hand experience of these earthquakes y'all have been having.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
-Still don't believe in 'in love' - at least not for me. I have loved many people though. And also many dogs lol. Well, the entire canine species really.
22. What was your favourite TV programme?
-what? don't fucking care.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
-I actually came weirdly close to hating someone this last month. One of my workmates. A perfectly nice guy, but kind of dopey and vaccuous in a way that just never failed to piss me off, and keep me in a simmering bad mood all day. But that can't really be hate, can it?
24. What was the best book you read?
-Currently very much enjoying Michel Faber's 'The Crimson Petal and the White'.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
-Dancing :D
26. What did you want and get?
-A good ragging.
-Friends.
-Colourful life experiences.
-Free gigs!
27. What did you want and not get?
-Devendra Banhart.
28. What was your favourite film of this year?
-Harry Potter. Did I see any others? Not sure.
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old did you turn?
-I sold pies to punters on the Isle of Wight. My boss bought me a cake. I turned into a person well through her twenties. Nah, but 26 is fun.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
-Nothing really springs to mind. It was about as satisfying as I could have wished, really.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
-Gumboots. Again. Fiercely practical for the most part, but always made sure I had something feminine to change into for dinner :)
32. What kept you sane?
-Weed.
-Jk. Facebook.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
-Hm, can't think of any really. I dunno, list some public figures and I'll tell you if I fancied them.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
-The big ones. Mostly.
35. Who did you miss?
-You.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
-Hm, how to choose? Possibly Gordie, the toothless plumber from Manchester who had a song, a smile and a lewd joke for every occasion.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
-I can change myself less than I thought, and my life/circumstances more than I thought.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I am no longer afraid of anything,
Save the life that here awaits
-Ask me in private.
-Also, went to like Venice and stuff. Saw an opera in an open-air Roman amphitheatre.
-Plucked, gutted, jointed and cooked a pheasant.
-Was a bridesmaid.
-Was homeless for 4 months.
-Drove on the righthand side of the road (in countries where you are supposed to).
-Made a wall in a real live house.
-Stomped grapes for wine-making.
-Crocheted stuff.
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for the next year?
-Apparently, I resolved: 'less sugar'. Nah fail.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
-Yeah several friends and cousins, whose offspring I look forward to meeting one day.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
-No.
5. What countries did you visit?
-England, Scotland, Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Finland, passed ever so briefly through Austria.
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
-A home, I suppose. And some sheep.
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched in your memory, and why?
-Dates? Nah none particularly. Sister's wedding I guess, August 6.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
-Choosing a vocation. And I am pretty proud of my relationship with my sister.
9. What was your biggest failure of the year?
-Didn't do a very good job of things like staying in touch with people. Like, telling people they're loved is one thing, but contributing to their lives is another. I have, in short, been rather selfish.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
-Seem to have recently developed a propensity for migraines. i.e. in the last 6 months. Don't know why.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
-Interrail Pass for my Europe trip was pretty great.
12. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
-The People of Edinburgh, who, it seems, all think it's someone else's job to shovel the snow from the footpath in front of their house, and then complain about the state of the roads. (Though please note, I didn't do it either.)
-Also, I encountered some more disastrous parenting at one of the homes I stayed in. Appalled and depressed are good words for what it made me.
13. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
-Whoever it was who did get around to shovelling the paths in my housing estate after the second bout of snow. Thanks.
-Also, the behaviour in general of Scandinavians merits celebration, especially with regard to cold endurance and getting on with things.
14. Where did most of your money go?
-Transport.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
-Wool.
16. What song will always remind of you of 2010?
-All trance music.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder?
-About equally jubilant I think.
b) fatter or thinner?
-Same.
c) richer or poorer?
-Same. Well now. That was a bit of a boring one. Ok, well, but I do feel a lot stronger, in both mind and body. Like, I feel pretty close to invincible. Despite having spent last night vomiting stomach acid into the toilet for no clear reason :S But you know, I'll be fine tomorrow.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
-Spinning and weaving. But that's what the rest of my life is for :)
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
-Crack.
-Nah jk :) Could probably have done without cooking quite so many burgers, to be honest. But they weren't that interested in paying me for doing nothing, so there it is.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
-At Meg's flat in Edinburgh. We woke to a flooded kitchen, got grumpy with each other, made up, cooked roast duck with fig, cranberry and port relish, and made merry for the rest of the day. Phoned mum and dad, and got at least a second-hand experience of these earthquakes y'all have been having.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
-Still don't believe in 'in love' - at least not for me. I have loved many people though. And also many dogs lol. Well, the entire canine species really.
22. What was your favourite TV programme?
-what? don't fucking care.
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
-I actually came weirdly close to hating someone this last month. One of my workmates. A perfectly nice guy, but kind of dopey and vaccuous in a way that just never failed to piss me off, and keep me in a simmering bad mood all day. But that can't really be hate, can it?
24. What was the best book you read?
-Currently very much enjoying Michel Faber's 'The Crimson Petal and the White'.
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
-Dancing :D
26. What did you want and get?
-A good ragging.
-Friends.
-Colourful life experiences.
-Free gigs!
27. What did you want and not get?
-Devendra Banhart.
28. What was your favourite film of this year?
-Harry Potter. Did I see any others? Not sure.
29. What did you do on your birthday and how old did you turn?
-I sold pies to punters on the Isle of Wight. My boss bought me a cake. I turned into a person well through her twenties. Nah, but 26 is fun.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
-Nothing really springs to mind. It was about as satisfying as I could have wished, really.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
-Gumboots. Again. Fiercely practical for the most part, but always made sure I had something feminine to change into for dinner :)
32. What kept you sane?
-Weed.
-Jk. Facebook.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
-Hm, can't think of any really. I dunno, list some public figures and I'll tell you if I fancied them.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
-The big ones. Mostly.
35. Who did you miss?
-You.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
-Hm, how to choose? Possibly Gordie, the toothless plumber from Manchester who had a song, a smile and a lewd joke for every occasion.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
-I can change myself less than I thought, and my life/circumstances more than I thought.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I am no longer afraid of anything,
Save the life that here awaits

3 Comments:
Sounds like you've had a very good year for the most part then.
Looks like you've meet some interesting people and been interesting places.
Any chance you'll be seen down this part of the world this year?
"15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
-Wool."
I think you are quite awesome.
Wow. You're lovely :)
Post a Comment
<< Home