No one clips my claws

Today, this song is making me want very much to believe in God. And the incarnation. Very very much.
Kinda feel like it would be nice to indulge in some good old-fashioned penitence, and say "I was wrong all along! Forgive me! I'm so stupid!" There's something about big sweeping statements like that that just feels really good.
Which isn't a very good reason to indulge.
Kinda feel like it would be nice to indulge in some good old-fashioned penitence, and say "I was wrong all along! Forgive me! I'm so stupid!" There's something about big sweeping statements like that that just feels really good.
Which isn't a very good reason to indulge.


4 Comments:
Roll with whatever...
My Mum's cousin's wife used to keep peacocks - until one day one of them flipped out and TRIED TO CLAW OUT HER EYES. Think about that.
[thinks about it]
[a little more seriously than you meant perhaps]
Well, I do like to think I'm a little bit dangerous... Not sure I could hurt God particularly though, if I happened to flip out and felt inclined to rail and rage against my captivity.
Is that what it comes down to? Dejected acceptance of our dependence and subservience? The only option then is to play Lucifer's trick, and stage a completely pointless rebellion that cannot possibly succeed, just to assert some willpower and show that he has some pride. Because losing would be better than just playing along.
Which is why the peacock is such a perfect symbol. It's all about pride - I'm quite prepared to admit that. It seems so stupid to be proud when you're a zoo animal, but if pride is all you've got...
Though I suppose one can be genuinely glad about one's lot even if one is kept in it by force. Like paying taxes with a glad heart (my old favourite analogy).
Hope y'all like my picture. I think it's perfect.
Assuming God exists you think it really cares about penitence etc? As long as your life works and isn't stuffing up others what is the problem? If it pays attention I'm sure it's more interested in people happily living out there life rather than beating there chest and going on about sin or being sorry for doubting in it's existence etc.
But yeah I agree with the feeling that sometimes looking at the way others act and what they say, one feels like and will say if your really like that then thanks but no thanks, better to "burn" than to follow one that requires that.
Post a Comment
<< Home